Benefits of Babywearing
1. Comfort - babywearing is a comfortable way to stay close to your little one, and keep them with you on all your adventures
2. Ease - loading your little one into the sling is quick and easy, ring slings are a custom fit every time
3. Connection - babywearing helps build the bond between mama and baby
4. Style - ring slings look great and you can have fun with different colors & styles
5. Helping - for each ring sling sold, we donate a clean birthing kit to a mama in need around the world
TIGHT - Slings should be tight enough to hug your baby as this will be the most comfortable way for both of you. Any slack/loose fabric will allow your baby to slump down in the sling which can hinder their breathing and pull on your back.
IN THE VIEW AT ALL TIMES - You should always be able to see your baby's face by simply glancing down. The fabric of the sling should not close around them so you have to open it to check on them. In a cradle position your baby should face upwards not be turned in towards your body.
CLOSE ENOUGH TO KISS - Your baby's head should be close enough to your chin as is comfortable. By tipping your head forward you should be able to kiss your baby in the head of forehead.
KEEP CHIN OFF THE CHEST - A baby should never be curled so their chin is forced onto their chest as this can restrict their breathing. Ensure there is always a space of at least a finger width under your baby's chin.
SUPPORTED BACK - In an upright carry position your baby should be held comfortably close to the wearer so their back is supported in its natural position and their tummy and chest are against you. If a sling is too loose they can slump which can partially close their airway. A baby in a cradle carry in a sling should be positioned carefully with their bottom in the deepest part so the sling does not fold them in half pressing their chin to their chest.